Starting today, I’m looking for your best family recipes!
The idea was inspired by an Information Morning listener who suggested we celebrate February’s Heritage Week by cooking classic dishes from across the region. So, in honour of Canada’s 150th birthday, every Thursday I’ll bring you recipes and stories from Fredericton’s past.
Examples of what I’m looking for:
- Your grandmother’s best…. (baked good, pie, roast, soup, stew, etc. etc. etc.)
- Classic Fredericton restaurant/cafe dishes that aren’t on the menu anymore
- Dishes from First Nations families, and other diverse cultural backgrounds (I’d love a spicy peanut soup!)
- Weird and bizarre recipes you’ve always wanted to try but never had the courage to.
To submit your recipe, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Your name
- The recipe (or even a photo of the recipe!)
- A story about why that recipe is important to you and your family, or your organization
I’ll be looking for common themes and ingredients, and will take as many of these recipes for a spin as I can.
Warning: include(http://www.goodapple.ca/wp-content/plugins/tab-slide/templates/Subscribe.php): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/gdapple/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tab-slide/tab-slide.php on line 543
Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘http://www.goodapple.ca/wp-content/plugins/tab-slide/templates/Subscribe.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/gdapple/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tab-slide/tab-slide.php on line 543